Basic Sugar Cookies Recipe
This Basic Sugar Cookies recipe yields about 36 cookies.
What You Need
1/3 cup shortening
1/3 cup margarine
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do
1. In a large bowl, beat shortening and margarine with electric mixer medium for about 30 seconds, or until softened.
2. Add half the flour and all remaining ingredients and beat until thoroughly combined.
3. Beat in the remaining flour.
4. Divide dough in half, cover, and chill for 2 hours.
5. When dough is ready, preheat oven to 375F.
6. Roll each portion of dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes. Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. If desired, sprinkle with colored sugar before baking. Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
Return to Sugar Cookie Recipes index
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index