Baxter's Sugar Cookies Recipe
This Baxter's Sugar Cookies recipe yields about 60 cookies. It was submitted by "Baxter Boo" of San Antonio, Texas.
What You Need
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
What To Do
1. Add butter and confectioners' sugar to large bowl and cream until smooth.
2. Beat in egg, then stir in vanilla and almond extracts.
3. Separately, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; then blend into creamed mixture. Cover and chill for at least two hours.
4. Preheat oven to 375F and grease cookie sheets. Divide dough into two equal parts.
5. Roll each dough half out over a lightly floured surface to about 3/16-inch thickness.
6. Use cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Sprinkle granulated sugar over the top.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow to cool on cookie sheets for several minutes before removing to wire rack.
Return to Sugar Cookie Recipes index
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index