Best Ever Sugar Cookies Recipe
What You Need
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
What To Do
1. Cream together sugars, butter and vegetable oil.
2. Add eggs and vanilla and mix.
3. Sift together flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda, then incorporate into creamed mixture.
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill overnight, or at least for several hours.
5. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375F.
6. Roll dough into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press each dough ball with fork, or with a patterned cookie press.
7. Bake 12 minutes, or just until lightly browned.
Return to Sugar Cookie Recipes index
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index