Grandma's Sugar Cookies Recipe
What You Need
3 cups flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup shortening
3 eggs; slightly beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
2. Sift together dry ingredients and cut in shortening with a fork.
3. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out portion of dough and cut with cookie cutters. Repeat until all dough is used.
5. Place cutouts 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set.
6. Allow to cool for several minutes on cookie sheets before moving to wire rack.
Return to Sugar Cookie Recipes index
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index