Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies Recipe
This Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies recipe makes approximately 72 cookies.
What You Need
1 cup butter (at room temperature)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon orange extract
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
Red or green sugar crystals
What To Do
1. Cream butter, granulated sugar, vanilla, orange extract and eggs until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda until thoroughly blended.
3. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill; overnight is best, but several hours is enough.
4. Preheat oven to 350F and grease cookie sheets.
5. Roll dough into 1-inch balls, then slightly flatten each on cookie sheets. Sprinkle a little red or green sugar over the top of each.
6. Bake 7-9 minutes, or just until lightly browned.
Return to Sugar Cookie Recipes index
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index