Soft Sugar Cookies Recipe
This Soft Sugar Cookies recipe make 18 cookies.
What You Need
2 cups unbleached flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg yolk
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg white
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Sift flour, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together shortening and butter using a spoon. Slowly add sugar, continuing to work until light.
4. Add egg yolk and beat until fluffy.
5. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well
after each addition.
6. Stir in vanilla, then gently fold in stiffly beaten egg
7. Drop by rounded tablespoons 3 inches apart on a greased cookie
sheet. Flatten to half-inch thickness.
8. Bake 20 minutes.
Return to Sugar Cookie Recipes index
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index