This Sugar Cookies recipe yields about 20 cookies.
What You Need
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups sifted flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
What To Do
1. Sift together first three ingredients and set aside.
2. Add butter or margarine to bowl and cream.
3. Add vanilla, the begin gradually adding sugar, creaming after each addition.
4. Add egg and beat, then add dry ingredients and blend well.
5. Place dough in refrigerator to thoroughly chill.
6. Preheat oven to 375F and lightly grease cookie sheet.
7. Roll out dough and cut with floured cookie cutter.
8. Bake 10-12 minutes.
Return to Sugar Cookie Recipes index
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index