This Sugar Cookies recipe yields about 36 cookies.
What You Need
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
Granulated sugar for dusting
What To Do
1. Add butter and shortening to mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer.
2. Add sugar, baking powder and salt and mix well.
3. Beat in egg, vanilla and flour until the electric mixer won't mix anymore, then stir in remaining flour.
4. Cover dough and place in refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 325F.
6. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface and cut out cookie shapes.
7. Place dough on ungreased cookie sheets and bake 7-8 minutes.
Return to Sugar Cookie Recipes index
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index