Vanilla Sugar Cookies Recipe
What You Need
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar (plus extra for sprinkling)
2 large egg yolks
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What To Do
1. Add butter and sugar to large mixing bowl and cream together until smooth.
2. Separately, combine flour, baking power and salt.
3. Beat egg yolks into creamed mixture, then stir in vanilla extract.
4. Slow blend dry ingredients into creamed mixtured. Cover and chill one hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease two baking sheets.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to quarter-inch thickness and cut out using cookie cutter. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly colored.
8. Sprinkle granulated sugar over hot cookies and transfer to wire racks to cool.
Return to Sugar Cookie Recipes index
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index