This Amaretto Fudge recipe makes approximately 32 servings.
What You Need
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup half-and-half
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 tablespoons almond-flavored liqueur
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
What To Do
1. Prepare a 9x5x3 loaf pan by buttering.
2. Add sugar, milk, half-and-half, corn syrup and almond-flavored liqueur to a 3-quart saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
3. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until temperature on candy thermometer reaches 234F.
4. Remove from heat and add margarine. Allow mixture to cool to 120F without stirring.
5. When that temperature is achieved, beat mixture well, 5-10 minutes, beating continuously, until mixture thickens and is no longer glossy. The mixture should hold its shape when dropped from a spoon.
6. Stir in almonds, then spread into prepared pan. When fully cooled, cut into 1-inch squares.
Return to Fudge Recipes index
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index