What You Need
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups sugar
1 stick salted butter
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
What To Do
1. Combine all ingredients but vanilla in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until sugar dissolves and butter is melted.
2. Bring to a boil and cook until mixture reaches 238F on a candy thermometer.
3. Remove from the heat and plunge pot into a water bath for one minute (this stops the cooking).
4. Add vanilla, but don't stir. When the thermometer reaches 110 degrees, use a wooden spoon to mix until creamy.
5. Spoon into a greased 8x8 baking pan to cool, then cut into serving size.
Return to Fudge Recipes index
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index