What You Need
1 cup apple cider or juice
2/3 cup sugar
6 cups apple slices, pared (about 6-8 medium apples)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon butter
Pastry for 2 crusts (top and bottom for 9-inch pie)
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In large saucepan, bring cider and sugar to a boil, then add apples.
3. Cook uncovered until apples are tender, about 8 minutes. Drain, but reserve liquid (add more cider if necessary to make 1 1/3 cups liquid).
4. In a bowl, combine cornstarch, water, lemon juice and vanilla. Add cornstarch mixture and butter to reserved liquid; cook, stirring, until mixture thickens and bubbles.
5. Add apples.
6. Line 9-inch pie plate with pastry; fill with apple mixture. Put on top crust.
7. Bake 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
Return to Apple Pie Recipes index
Pumpkin Pie Recipes
Pecan Pie Recipes
Cake Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index