This Mom's Apple Pie recipe yields 6 servings.
What You Need
6 large Macintosh apples, sliced
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon Allspice
1 tablespoon nutmeg
2 cups flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
5 dashes salt
What To Do
1. Prepare the crust by mixing the flour, oil, milk and salt.
2. Separate into two balls, and put each between 2 pieces of wax paper to roll out, as the crust will be very flaky. Make bottom crust and place in 9-inch pie plate.
3. Preheat oven to 425F.
4. Using a large bowl, combine apples, sugar and
spices. Cut through with knife to create the appearance of chopped apples.
5. Turn mixture into bottom of pie shell and dot with a few pats of butter and three teaspoons of flour.
6. Roll out top crust and place over filling. Seal and crimp the edges of crust, and slit the top to vent.
7. Put pie onto cookie sheet (filling is likely to run over) and bake for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350F and bake another 50 minutes or until two halves of crust are each brown.
8. Allow to cool on wire rack before serving.
Return to Apple Pie Recipes index
Pumpkin Pie Recipes
Pecan Pie Recipes
Cake Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index