Queen Bee Apple Pie Recipe
This Queen Bee Apple Pie recipe makes 8 servings.
What You Need
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup cornstarch
6 cups green apple, pared and sliced
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Pastry for 2-crust 9-inch pie
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 1/4 cups water, divided
What To Do
1. Combine apples, nuts and raisins in large bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine 1 cup water, honey, cinnamon, lemon juice and nutmeg in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring.
3. Mix cornstarch with remaining 1/4 cup water in cup; stir into honey mixture. Cook and stir until mixture thickens and becomes clear.
4. Pour hot honey mixture over apple mixture; toss to coat evenly.
5. Turn apple mixture into pastry-lined 9-inch pie plate. Adjust top crust over filling. Seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top crust to steam can escape.
6. Bake in preheated 350F oven 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 300F; bake 35 minutes more or until golden brown.
7. Cool completely on wire rack.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Apple Pie Recipes index
Pumpkin Pie Recipes
Pecan Pie Recipes
Cake Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index