Black Raspberry Cobbler Recipe
This Black Raspberry Cobbler recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
4-5 cups black raspberries
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, in small pieces
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoons ranulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, cold
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Place raspberries in a 1 1/2 quart oiled casserole dish with medium-high sides.
3. Add sugars and flour and toss to coat.
4. Dot with butter, and sprinkle with lemon juice and nutmeg to taste. Bake 15 minutes.
5. While the raspberry mixture is baking, make the dough. Place first four dough ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
6. Cut in chilled butter with pastry blender.
7. Combine milk and vanilla separately, then add to flour mixture. Stir with a fork until a stiff ball forms, then turn onto well-floured pastry board and roll out to a thickness of approximately a quarter-inch. Shape the dough to fit the dish you are using.
8. When 15 minutes baking have elapsed on blackberry mixture, remove from oven.
9. Roll dough back onto rolling pin, then unroll on top of warm fruit. Cut a slit in middle of dough, and sprinkle some sugar and nutmeg on top.
10. Return to oven to bake another 30-40 minutes. Cobbler is done when juices bubble up through the slit and the crust is lightly golden.
Return to Cobbler Recipes index
Apple Pie Recipes
Pumpkin Pie Recipes
Pecan Pie Recipes
Cake Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index