This Blueberry Cobbler recipe makes 6 individual cobblers.
What You Need
2 pints fresh or frozen blueberries
2/3 cup sugar,divided
1/2 cup apple cider
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1 cup milk, divided
Confectioners sugar (optional)
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Rinse blueberries and drain well.
2. Combine blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar, cider and cornstarch in a mixing bowl.
3. Separately, combine flour, remaining sugar, baking powder and salt and mix well.
4. Cut butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 3/4 cup milk and mix until dough leaves sides of bowl.
5. Turn dough out onto lightly floured board and roll to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut into six 4-inch rounds.
6. Portion blueberry mixture into 6 12-ounce baking dishes and top each portion with dough. Brush dough with remaining milk.
7. Bake the 6 individual cobblers 30 minutes, or until toppings have browned and blueberries are bubbling.
8. Cool for 20 minutes. Sprinkle each serving with confectioners sugar before serving.
Return to Cobbler Recipes index
Apple Pie Recipes
Pumpkin Pie Recipes
Cake Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index