Old-Fashioned Peach Cobbler Recipe
This Old-Fashioned Peach Cobbler recipe makes 8 servings.
What You Need
1/2 cup light-brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 cups sliced peeled peaches
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
2 egg whites, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease 8x8x2-inch baking dish.
2. Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl.
3. Add peaches and toss to mix. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
4. Combine flours and baking powder on a piece of waxed paper.
5. In a medium sized bowl, add butter and sugar and beat together until light and fluffy.
6. Beat in egg whites.
7. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk and vanilla, stirring just to combine.
8. Drop batter by spoonfuls over peach mixture; Spread gently.
9. Bake 25-30 minutes or until peaches are tender and crust is golden brown.
Return to Cobbler Recipes index
Apple Pie Recipes
Pumpkin Pie Recipes
Pecan Pie Recipes
Cake Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index