Peach and Berry Almond Cobbler Recipe
With fresh fruit of summer or frozen fruit in winter, this cobbler is always in season. For an extra treat serve warm with vanilla ice cream. This Peach and Berry Almond Cobbler recipe yields 8-10 servings.
What You Need
3 lbs peaches, peeled and sliced into half-inch slices
1 pint fresh blueberries, stems removed and washed
1 pint blackberries, washed
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teasoon salt
1 stick cold butter
1 box (7 oz) Odense Almond Paste
1 cup buttermilk
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 9"X13" baking dish or similar size.
2. Place peaches, blueberries, and blackberries in a large bowl. Whisk together sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg. Pour over fruit and mix together until well incorporated. Pour into baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes while preparing almond topping.
3. Sift flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl.
4. On the large hole side of a box grater, grate the Almond Paste and butter (yes, it can be done) into flour mixture. Mix with fingers until the texture of small crumbs or use a food processor, or pastry cutter.
5. Add buttermilk and stir until just mixed. For tender biscuits, don't over mix.
6. Remove baking dish from oven and drop dough by rounded tablespoons on top of hot fruit (an ice cream scoop with a wire release makes this step effortless).
7. Return dish to oven and bake for 35 minutes more, or until fruit is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Delicious cold, or warm, served with vanilla ice cream.
Source: Andre Prost Inc. Specialty Foods
Return to Cobbler Recipes index
Apple Pie Recipes
Pumpkin Pie Recipes
Pecan Pie Recipes
Cake Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index