Creamy Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
What You Need
1 8- or 9-inch baked pastry shell
3 eggs, separated
1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lemon juice from concentrate
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/3 cup sugar
Few drops yellow food coloring (optional)
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In mixing bowl, beat egg yolks; add sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and, if using, coloring. Pour into crust.
3. In mixer bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar to soft peaks.
4. Gradually add sugar; beat until stiff.
5. Spread on pie; seal to edge.
6. Bake 12-15 minutes. Cool, then chill.
Return to Pie Recipes index
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index