This Caramel Pecan Pie recipe yields 6 servings.
What You Need
36 individuals Kraft caramels, unwrapped
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup margarine
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pecan halves
1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell
What To Do
1. Add caramels, water and margarine to saucepan and place over low heat.
2. Stir occasionally until caramels are completely melted and mixture is smooth.
3. Preheat oven to 350F.
4. Combine sugar, salt and eggs in bowl.
5. Gradually add caramel mixture, mixing well.
6. Stir in pecan halves.
7. Turn mixture into pastry shell.
8. Bake 40 minutes.
Note: Pie filling will firm up as it cools.
Return to Pecan Pie Recipes index
Apple Pie Recipes
Pumpkin Pie Recipes
Cake Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index