Cranberry Pecan Pie Recipe
This Cranberry Pecan Pie recipe makes 8 servings.
What You Need
1 9-inch baked pie shell
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons cold water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1/2 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
1 cup orange juice
1 3/4 cups pecan halves
What To Do
1. In medium saucepan, combine cranberries, juice and honey. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 15 minutes if using fresh cranberries or 20 minutes if using frozen berries. Cool.
2. Puree cranberry mixture in blender; return to saucepan.
3. Combine cornstarch and water. Stir into cranberry mixture. Bring to boil and cook until thickened.
4. Stir in orange extract. Cool; then pour into pie shell.
5. Spoon topping (instructions below) evenly over cranberry mixture.
6. Bake at 350F 20 minutes or until top is bubbly. Cool on wire rack. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Topping: In medium saucepan, combine 1/2 cup honey and 3 Tablespoons butter or margarine; cook and stir 2 minutes or until mixture is smooth. Stir in 1-3/4 cups pecan halves until well coated.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Pecan Pie Recipes index
Apple Pie Recipes
Pumpkin Pie Recipes
Cake Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index