Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie Recipe
This is the recipe that has appeared forever on labels of Libby's brand pumpkin puree.
What You Need
1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 15-oz. can Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 12-oz. can Carnation Evaporated Milk
1 garnish of whipped cream (optional)
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. In a small bowl, mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
3. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
4. Pour filling into pie shell. Bake 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350F. Bake another 40-50 minutes at the lower temp, until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
5. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
6. Serve or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving, if desired.
Return to Pumpkin Pie Recipes index
Cake Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index