Honey-Glazed Barbecue Spareribs
This Honey Glazed Barbecued Spareribs recipe makes 4-6 servings.
What You Need
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons ginger root, grated
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 cup honey
4 lbs. lean pork spareribs
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon red chilies, crushed
1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
Salt and pepper
What To Do
1. Completely cover spareribs with water in a large pot or deep skillet. Bring to boil, uncovered, over medium heat. Simmer 4 minutes. Drain liquid, reserving it for stock for later use, if desired.
2. Season both sides of spareribs with salt and pepper. Place spareribs on rack in roasting pan. Cover loosely with aluminum foil. Bake at 450F 15 minutes.
3. Combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 350F. Brush spareribs with honey mixture.
5. Bake 1 hour longer or until fully cooked, brushing with honey mixture every 15 minutes.
For the grill: Boil spareribs as described above, over medium heat. Simmer 4 minutes and drain liquid. Season both sides of spareribs with salt and pepper. Place spareribs on barbecue grill over hot coals. Cook approximately 30 minutes per side. Brush meat side generously with honey mixture twice during last 15 minutes of cooking time.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Barbecue Recipes index
Barbecue Sauce Recipes
More Main Dish Recipes