Beef Fiesta Shells Recipe
What You Need
1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 small white onion, chopped
1 small can chopped green chilies
1 cup grated, reduced fat, cheddar cheese
1 12-oz. jar picante sauce (mild or medium)
1 small can tomato sauce
1 small can french fried onion rings, divided
18 large pasta shells for stuffing
What To Do
1. Cook pasta shells according to directions.
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. In a bowl, combine tomato sauce, picante sauce and one cup of water. Set aside.
4. Brown meat with onions, salt and pepper. Add green chilies, 1/2-cup of cheese, half a can of onion rings and 1/2-cup of prepared sauce.
5. Stuff shells with meat mixture. Pour remaining sauce over shells.
6. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
7. Sprinkle remaining onion rings and cheese over the top. Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
Return to Beef Recipes index
More Main Dish Recipes