Beef Tenderloin Medallions Recipe
This Beef Tenderloin Medallions recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
1 (2 1/2 pound) beef tenderloin
6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
4 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
1/2 box frozen spinach, thawed, drained
1 cup dried tomatoes in oil, drained, chopped
1 small onion, finely diced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 small cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup Burgundy wine
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 425F and prepare a heavy, shallow baking pan by rubbing it with a little olive oil.
2. Trim tenderloin, removing excess fat or silvery tissue, and butterfly.
3. Roast pine nuts in medium skillet on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Remove nuts from pan.
4. Add olive oil and onion to skillet and saute until clear. Add garlic and cook another minute, then remove from heat.
5. In a bowl, mix feta, cream cheese, spinach, dried tomatoes and sauteed onion and garlic. Stuff filling ingredient inside the tenderloin lengthwise.
6. Chop pine nuts and sprinkle over filling. Roll up tenderloin as tightly as possible and tie with kitchen twine.
7. Place tenderloin into prepared baking pan.
8. Mix wine with the salt, pepper and olive oil. Brush mixture over all sides of rolled tenderloin using a pastry brush.
9. Place tenderloin in oven and immediately reduce heat to 350F. Bake about 75 minutes, or until internal temperature of tenderloin reaches 140F (for medium-rare).
10. Let rest for 15 minutes, then slice into medallions.
Return to Beef Recipes index
More Main Dish Recipes