Chinese Beef and Tomatoes Recipe
This Chinese Beef and Tomatoes recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
1 can (16 oz.) bean sprouts, drained
2 lbs. beef top round steak or flank steak
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3/4 teaspoon ginger
2 green bell peppers
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon salad oil
Salt, to taste
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 medium tomatoes
1/4 cup water
What To Do
1. Cut steak into very thin strips across grain.
2. Cut tomatoes in eighths and peppers into thin strips.
3. Heat oil in wok or skillet. Add beef, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry steak over high heat until brown on all sides.
4. Add honey and soy sauce. Reduce heat, cover and cook slowly 5 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, peppers and bean sprouts; mix lightly; bring to boil.
6. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer.
7. Make a paste of cornstarch and water. Add to beef mixture and cook until sauce thickens slightly. Taste and add salt if needed.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Beef Recipes index
Main Dish Recipes