Moroccan Beef with Honey-Spice Couscous Recipe
This Moroccan Beef with Honey-Spice Couscous recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
1 (1 1/2 lbs.) beef flank steak
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
1 box couscous
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 can (8 3/4 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained
2 teaspoons garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup honey
Honey-Spice Couscous Marinade
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/3 cup reserved steak marinade
2 cups water
What To Do
1. To prepare marinade, combine vinegar and seasonings; stir well. Add honey and oil, stirring until blended.
2. Remove 1/3 cup marinade; set aside for preparing couscous.
3. Place flank steak in plastic bag; add marinade, turning to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour or up to overnight.
4. Preheat 10 or 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
5. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak in skillet (Cut steak in half, if necessary to fit pan.) Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned.
6. Turn steak, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 7 to 10 minutes for medium doneness.
7. Slice steak diagonally into thin slices. Serve with pan juices.
Honey-Spice Couscous: While steak is cooking, prepare Honey-Spice Couscous. In large saucepan combine water, reserved marinade, garbanzo beans, tomatoes and parsley. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork to serve.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Beef Recipes index
Main Dish Recipes