Steak with Beer Butter Sauce Recipe
This Steak with Beer Butter Sauce recipe makes four servings.
What You Need
Thick-cut London Broil (marinated over night)
1 stick of unsalted butter
1/2 cup of beer
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
Sliced white bread
What To Do
1. Begin cooking the steak over hot coals to your liking, but for this recipe medium-rare is preferable.
2. While the steak is still cooking, melt one stick of unsalted butter in a pot on the stove top. Once the butter is melted and has begun to simmer, slowly add a half-cup of beer. You have to be careful because the beer might bubble over.
3. Add the garlic salt, cayenne pepper, mustard, and Worcestershire to the beer-butter mixture. Allow the sauce to boil for two minutes, then remove from heat.
4. When the steak is ready, remove it from the grill and allow it to stand for about five minutes. Then cut it into thin slices.
5. Immediately before serving, toast the bread and cut into small triangles.
6. To serve: place a triangle of bread on a plate, top it with sliced steak and ladle the beer-butter sauce over it. Serve with potato salad,grilled sweet potatoes or any other picnic sides.
Submitted by Paul "Sangwich Guy" Gannon
Return to Beef Recipes index
More Main Dish Recipes