Summertime Beef Salad Recipe
This Summertime Beef Salad recipe makes 4 servings.
What You Need
1 lb. beef sirloin steak
1/2 cantaloupe, diced
1/8 teaspoon curry powder
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup jicama, julienned
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup seedless red or green grapes, sliced in half lengthwise
2 bunches watercress, cleaned, tough, stems removed
What To Do
1. Trim excess fat from steak.
2. Broil steak 4 inches from heat, 5 to 7 minutes per side for rare or until desired doneness.
3. Slice steak across the grain into thin slices.
4. In bowl, mix next 6 ingredients.
5. In larger bowl, mix grapes, jicama, and cantaloupe.
6. For each serving, arrange 1/4 of the steak slices and 1/4 of the fruit mixture on a bed of watercress. Serve yogurt dressing on the side.
Return to Beef Recipes index or Salad Recipes index
More Main Dish Recipes