Breakfast Burritos Recipe
This Breakfast Burritos recipe makes 4 servings.
What You Need
4 corn or flour tortillas
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup scallions, chopped
2 red potaotes, cooked, peeled, diced
1 tomato, seeded, diced
1 4-oz. can chopped green chilies, dained
Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
Pinch of cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup tomato salsa
1/4 cup cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, grated
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Warm tortilla, wrapped in aluminum foil, for 5-10 minutes in oven.
3. Heat oil over medium heat in large, non-stick skillet.
4. Add 1/3 cup scallions and potatoes and saute 1 minute. Add tomatoes and chilies and saute until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Push vegetable to edges of skillet.
5. In a small bowl, beat eggs, egg whites and cayenne pepper with a fork. Pour egg mixture into center of the skillet.
6. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until curds have formed but mixture is still creamy (around 1-2 minutes).
7. Sprinkle cilantro over the eggs, and stir eggs and vegetables together. Add more salt and pepper if desired, and cook until eggs are set.
8. Divide filling equally among tortillas and roll each one.
9. Top each with salsa, cheese and remaining scallions. Serve immediately.
Return to Breakfast Recipes index