This Breakfast Scones recipe makes 8 servings.
What You Need
2 cups flour
2 eggs, well beaten
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoosn butter or margarine
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Sift flour, measure, and sift again with baking powder, salt and sugar.
3. Cut in butter.
4. Add eggs, plus just enough cold water to make a soft dough.
5. Turn onto lightly floured board and pat out to 1-inch thickness.
6. Cut dough into rounds or squares. Fold each round or square over, brush with milk and place on lightly oiled baking sheet.
7. Dust with sugar, then place in oven and bake 15 minutes.
Return to Breakfast Recipes index