This Chocolate Waffles recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
1 1/2 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
3 eggs, separated
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
6 oz. semisweet chocolate, divided
1 1/2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
What To Do
1. Sift together cake flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into large mixing bowl.
2. Separately, combine egg yolks, milk, vanilla and butter.
3. Using a double boiler over hot water, melt unsweetened chocolate plus 2 1/2 oz. semisweet chocolate.
4. Make a well in center of dry ingredients and pour in milk mixture; stir just until blended.
5. In a dry bowl, whip egg whites until soft peaks form, then fold into batter.
6. Add melted chocolate and swirl through batter.
7. Cook on preheated waffle iron. When ready to serve, shave remaining semisweet chocolate over waffles.
Return to Breakfast Recipes index