Irish Breakfast Scones Recipe
This Irish Breakfast Scones recipe makes 16 scones.
What You Need
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/3 cup wholemeal flour
3/4 cup wheat bran
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons soy margarine
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 cup soy milk
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 400F and lightly flour a baking sheet.
2. Mix dry ingredients together; add margarine and mix again.
3. Add syrup and just enough milk to make a loose dough. Turn onto floured board and knead until smooth. Roll into a square shape with a thickness of about three-quarters of an inch.
4. Quarter the dough, and quarter the quarters, until 16 squares are created.
5. Bake approximately 20 minutes; cool on wire rack.
Return to Breakfast Recipes index