Banana Nut Muffins Recipe
What You Need
2 cups unbleached flour, sifted
3 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
1 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Separately, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy (use electric mixer on medium speed).
4. Beat in eggs to shortening mixture, blending well after each addition.
5. Stir in mashed bananas.
6. Take bowl with dry ingredients and dump into banana mixture. Stir just enough to moisten.
7. Mix in chopped nuts.
8. Spoon batter into greased muffin cups. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Return to Muffin Recipes index
Banana Bread Recipes