Orange French Toast Recipe
This Orange French Toast recipe makes 4-6 servings.
What You Need
3/4 cup orange juice
1 tablespoons orange liqueur (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 loaf Italian bread, cut into half-inch slices
3 tablespoons confectioners sugar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
4 teaspoons butter or margarine
What To Do
1. Beat together eggs, orange juice, orange liqueur, 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar and vanilla.
2. Place bread slices in bottom of large baking pan. Pour egg mixture over slices. Turn to soak. Chill for two hours, turning bread slices two or three times.
3. When ready to cook, preheat electric griddle or skillet to 375F.
4. Combine remaining confectioners sugar with brown sugar in a large bowl.
5. Melt butter on skillet; pour off into small bowl and use throughout cooking to grease skillet as needed.
6. Remove bread slices from egg mixture and place on skillet; cook 3-5 minutes each side, or until golden brown.
7. Toss slices in sugar mix and serve.
Return to Breakfast Recipes index