This Orange Waffles recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
1 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup orange juice
1 orange rind, grated
1/4 cup melted butter
What To Do
1. Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into mixing bowl.
2. Separately, beat together eggs, vanilla, milk and orange juice.
3. Slowly add wet ingredients into dry ingredients, stirring to blend.
4. Stir in orange rind (batter will remain lumpy).
5. Stir in melted butter, then cover and let stand for one hour.
6. Preheat waffle iron and cook according to waffle iron instructions.
Return to Breakfast Recipes index