Brie and Apple Chicken Breasts Recipe
This Brie and Apple Chicken Breasts recipe makes 4 servings.
What You Need
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 small apple, cored and thinly sliced
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper
1-2 tablespoons flour
4 slices Brie cheese
2 cups apple cider
2 cups chicken broth
What To Do
1. Preheat the oven to 450F.
2. Warm 1 tablespoon butter in a large, non-stick saute pan over medium-high heat. Add apples and saute until softened. Set the saute pan aside because you will need it again.
3. Tuck a slice of Brie and several slices of apple into the pocket on the underside of the chicken breasts between the breast and the tenderloin.
4. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Pat a little flour onto both sides of each chicken breast.
5. In the saute pan, warm 1 tablespoon butter over high heat. When the butter foams add the chicken breasts and brown them on both sides.
6. Transfer the chicken to a sheetpan, stuffed-side-down, and put it into the oven for 12 to 14 minutes.
Return to Chicken Recipes index
More Main Dish Recipes