This Chicken Tangine recipe makes 4 servings.
What You Need
1 tablespoon olive oil
6-7 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 2-inch chunks
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons ginger, minced
1 teaspoon coriander, ground
1 teaspoon cumin, ground
1 cup dry white wine
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup dried apricots
1 cup whole blanched almonds
1 cup pitted green olives
What To Do
1. In large soup pot over high heat, heat olive oil.
2. In small glass bowl, place chicken and add flour. Toss chicken to coat.
3. Place chicken in olive oil; brown on all sides.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low; add onion, garlic and ginger. Saute about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in coriander and cumin; saute until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
6. Add wine. Increase heat to high. Boil until wine has reduced by half.
7. Stir in chicken broth, apricots, almonds and olives. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to low, cover pot and simmer for 45 minutes.
8. Serve over cous cous.
Return to Chicken Recipes index
Main Dish Recipes