King Ranch Chicken Recipe
King Ranch Chicken is a creamy casserole-type dish with strips of tortilla in the mix. It is so-named because the dish was invented at the famous South Texas ranch. This King Ranch Chicken recipe makes 8 servings.
What You Need
1/4 cup lowfat margarine
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (10 3/4 ounce) low-fat cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 3/4 ounce) low-fat cream of chicken soup
1 (14 1/2 ounce) Ro-tel tomatoes and green chilies
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
12 corn tortillas
2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 325F and spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Tear corn tortillas into bite-sized pieces.
3. Add bell pepper, onion and margarine to large saucepan and cook until peppers and onions are tender (approximately 5 minutes).
4. Add canned ingredients and chicken, and stir until blended.
5. Layer tortilla pieces, chicken mixture and cheese in prepared dish, alternating for three layers.
6. Bake 40 minutes. Mixture should be bubbling.
Return to Chicken Recipes index
More Main Dish Recipes