Oven Fried Chicken Recipe
Get the fried chicken texture and taste without the frying! This Oven Fried Chicken recipe makes five servings.
What You Need
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
2 large eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup yellow corn meal
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons paprika
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 chicken (2 1/2 to 3 pounds), cut up, skinned
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 400F and butter a 13x9-inch baking dish.
2. Combine eggs and milk in medium bowl.
3. In another medium bowl, combine corn meal, flour, paprika and garlic powder.
4. Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture, coating both sides, then into dry mixture.
5. Place coated chicken pieces into prepared baking dish.
6. Bake 45-50 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink near bone. Once during cooking, brush chicken with pan juices.
7. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste, and serve.
Return to Chicken Recipes index
More Main Dish Recipes