Southern Fried Chicken Recipe
This Southern Fried Chicken recipe makes six servings.
What You Need
1 3-pound whole chicken, cut into pieces
1 cup all-purpose flour
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon paprika
1 quart vegetable oil for frying
What To Do
1. Sprinkle salt, pepper and paprika over chicken pieces.
2. Roll each chicken piece in flour to coat.
3. Add to large, heavy skillet about 1/2 to 3/4 inch of oil and heat to 365F.
4. Carefully add chicken pieces to hot oil. Cook until golden, turning once during fying.
5. Remove chicken to paper towels to drain.
Return to Chicken Recipes index
More Main Dish Recipes