This version of Chili Recipe uses minced garlic, oregano and red-hot pepper flakes.
What You Need
1 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 1/4 pounds ground beef
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 cups canned tomatoes
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon red hot pepper flakes
What To Do
1. Heat oil in skillet.
2. Add onion and green pepper to hot oil and cook until softened.
3. Add ground beef, breaking up as you stir.
4. Sprinkle garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano over ground beef and stir to blend.
5. Add bay leaf, pepper, tomatoes, vinegar and pepper flakes.
6. Add enough water to cover meat.
7. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. You may need to add more liquid, depending on the consistency you like for your chili.
Return to Chili Recipes index
More Main Dish Recipes