Cincinnati has become well-known for its chili. If you want to eat it like they do, then serve this Cincinnati Chili recipe over macaroni - "chili mac" is what they call it in Cincinnati. This recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
1 quart beef broth
2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup onion flakes
4 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon instant minced onions
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/16 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 bay leaf
1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate
What To Do
1. Using a 4-quart saucepan, bring beef broth to a boil.
2. Crumble beef and add to broth in pieces.
3. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
4. Then add remaining ingredients, stirring to mix well.
5. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
6. Refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, skim off fat and reheat.
Return to Chili Recipes index
More Main Dish Recipes