This Easy Beef Chili recipe makes 4 servings.
What You Need
12 ounces lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon dried mint leaves
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 ounces) Garbanzo beans or 1 1/2 cups cooked dry-packaged Garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
1 can (15 ounces) Dark Red Kidney beans or 1 1/2 cups cooked dry-packaged Dark Red Kidney beans, rinsed, drained
2 teaspoons honey
5 to 6 cups cooked macaroni, warm
Sliced green onions and tops, crumbled feta cheese, sliced Greek olives, as garnish
What To Do
1. Saute ground beef, onion, and garlic in large saucepan until ground beef is browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Add spices, herbs and cocoa and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.
3. Stir in tomatoes, beans, and honey; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
4. Uncover and simmer until thickened, about another 15 minutes.
5. Spoon chili over macaroni in bowls; garnish with green onions, feta cheese and olives.
Source: American Dry Bean Board
Return to Chili Recipes index
Main Dish Recipes