What You Need
Vegetable cooking spray
1 1/2 cups chopped onions
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
1/2 to 1 jalapeņo chili, finely chopped
4 ounces mushrooms, cut into fourths
1 tablespoon flour
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breats, cubed
2 cans (15 ounces each) any White beans or 3 cups cooked dry-packaged White beans, rinsed, drained
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 bay leaf
1 small tomato, chopped
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons sliced green or black olives
2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro or parsley
What To Do
1. Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
2. Saute chopped onions, garlic, gingerroot and jalapeno 5 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms and cook, covered, until mushrooms are wilted, about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute longer.
5. Add chicken, beans, chicken broth and herbs; heat to boiling.
6. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked, 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Discard bay leaf; season to taste with salt and white pepper.
8. Spoon chili into bowls; sprinkle each serving with tomato, green onion, olives and cilantro.
Source: American Dry Bean Board
Return to Chili Recipes index
More Main Dish Recipes