This Eggs Portugal recipe makes 4 servings.
What You Need
1 pound pork sausage, bulk
8 slices bread, cubed
3/4 pound cheddar cheese, shredded
4 eggs, beaten
2 1/2 cups milk
3/4 teaspoon mustard
1 can mushroom soup
1/4 cup vermouth
What To Do
1. Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
2. Plase bread cubes in bottom of dish.
3. Brown sausage and break into fine pieces, then drain.
4. Sprinkle cheese over bread in dish.
5. Place sausage on top of cheese.
6. Mix eggs and milk together, then pour over sausage.
7. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
8. Preheat oven to 300F.
9. Mix vermouth and mushroom soup and pour over top of mixture in baking dish. Bake 1 hour.
Return to Egg Recipes index