Tex-Mex Scrambled Eggs Recipe
This Tex-Mex Scrambled Eggs recipe makes 4 servings.
What You Need
6 corn tortillas, each 6 inches in diameter
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped green onions
6 eggs, beaten
1 cup cubed Mexican-style cheese product (with jalapenos)
1 medium tomato, chopped
What To Do
1. Cut each tortilla into 12 wedges.
2. Heat oil in 10-inch skillet until hot; add tortilla wedges and cook, stirring frequently, until crisp.
3. Reduce heat and add onions; cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute.
4. Pour eggs into skillet.
5. As eggs begin to set at bottom and side, gently lift cooked portions with spatula to allow uncooked egg to run underneath.
6. Add cheese cubes; cook 2 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted and eggs are set but still moist.
7. Top with tomato and serve.
Return to Egg Recipes index