Any kind of whitefish will work well for this Oven Fried Fish recipe. It makes 4 servings.
What You Need
1 pound fresh whitefish fillets
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 egg white
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon basil
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 450F and spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, salt and lemon pepper in bowl.
3. Beat egg white until frothy.
4. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, lemon peel and basil.
5. Take each piece of fish and first dip into flour mixture (shake off excess), then into egg white, and then into bread crumb mixture.
6. Place fish fillets into baking pan and cook 6-12 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Return to Fish Recipes index
More Main Dish Recipes