This Salmon Croquettes recipe makes 2 servings.
What You Need
1 15-oz. can salmon
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup potato flakes
1 small onion, grated
Black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon baking powder
Oil for frying
Dill for garnish
Lemon wedges for garnish
What To Do
1. Drain salmon, but reserve 1/4 cup of the liquid. Remove any skin and bones.
2. Break up salmon into mixing bowl. Add egg and mix thoroughly.
3. Stir in flour, then blend in potato flakes, onion and black pepper.
4. In a separate bowl, combine baking powder and the reserved liquid from salmon. Then add to salmon mixture and stir well.
5. Form salmon mixture into 24 croquettes. Drop croquettes into hot oil (do not overcrowd) and fry 3-5 minutes or until golden brown on all sides.
6. Remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain.
NOTE: If salmon mixture isn't holding together well when shaped into balls, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
Return to Salmon Recipes index