Prosciutto Baked Tilapia Recipe
This Prosciutto-Baked Tilapia recipe makes 4 servings.
What You Need
Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
8 slices prosciutto
4 tilapia fillets (4-5 ounces each)
Salt to taste
Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 roasted red peppers from jar, drained, patted dry, finely diced
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 400F and spray rimmed baking sheet with nonstick olive-oil flavored cooking spray.
2. Place four slices of prosiutto on baking sheet, evenly spaced, then top with a second slice of prosciutto. Place a tilapia fillet over each pair of prosciutto.
3. Season fish with salt and pepper to taste, then drizzle 1/2 tablespoon olive oil over each fillet.
4. Spoon a quarter of diced red pepper over each fillet and spread evenly.
5. Starting at one end of each fillet, carefully roll it up, holding the prosciutto so that it wraps around the outside of the fish. Poke a toothpick through the center of each roll to hold it together.
6. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the flesh feels firm and flakes easily.
Return to Tilapia Recipes index